Change planning is a process within the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework that involves developing a plan for implementing changes to an organization's IT systems and services. This process is critical for ensuring that changes are carefully planned and executed, and that the impact of changes is minimized.
Use the process template as it is or adjust and extend to your individual needs.
- Once changes have been released for scheduling, the Change Manager must analyze dependencies for changes to ensure that they can be implemented smoothly and without disruption to the IT service.
- The Release Manager, in coordination with the Change Manager, then defines the requested resources and coordinates the availability of these resources to create a preliminary schedule.
- It is also the responsibility of the Release Manager to check for necessary planned service outages.
- The Change Manager documents the change plan.
- In some cases, a change evaluation may be required before planning can begin. This evaluation allows the change manager to assess the impact of a proposed change on the IT service and to make any necessary adjustments to the plan.
- Once the change planning process is complete, the change manager hands over the plan to the Project Management team for implementation. This handover ensures that all necessary resources and timelines are in place for the successful implementation of the change.
This business process example is also available in you Flower business process template repository. Or simply download the business process template for free.
Kickstart your Flower BPMN Workflow
How to make Jira Workflow a Business Process Management System (BPM)?
A business process is the strategic view on your value chain, while Jira workflow is at the tactical level. Read more to understand the difference.
Agile Workflow and Process Management (BPM)
The Agile Manifesto explicitly includes processes in its set of methods. But people and interactions are above business processes rather than vice versa
The Ultimate Guide to BPMN
Learn Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), the industry standard to design workflows and business processes, and how it integrates with Jira