The ITIL Financial Reporting Process is an essential aspect of managing the financial performance of an IT department.
Use the process template as it is or adjust and extend to your individual needs.
- As an IT Controller, it is crucial to ensure that all financial bookings are accurate and in compliance with company policies and procedures. This includes regularly checking financial bookings to identify any errors or discrepancies.
- If errors or discrepancies are identified, it is the responsibility of the IT controller to perform booking corrections as necessary. This process is critical to maintaining the accuracy and reliability of financial reports, and it is important to ensure that all corrections are thoroughly documented and justified.
- Once the financial bookings have been reviewed and corrected, the IT controller can move on to completing a draft financial report. This report should provide a comprehensive overview of the financial performance of the IT department, including revenue and expenses, as well as any key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure the department's success.
- The Financial Manager intervenes at this point of the process by defining required corrections and checking for necessary corrections.
- After the draft financial report is complete, the IT Controller can finalize the IT financial report. This report should include all relevant financial information, such as budget forecasts and actual results, as well as any key performance indicators (KPIs) that are used to measure the success of the IT department.
- Finally, it is essential for the IT Controller to effectively communicate the IT financial report to all relevant stakeholders.
This business process example is also available in you Flower business process template repository. Or simply download the business process template for free.
Kickstart your Flower BPMN Workflow
A business process is the strategic view on your value chain, while Jira workflow is at the tactical level. Read more to understand the difference.