Incident Monitoring and Escalation is a process within the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework that involves tracking the progress of incidents and escalating them as needed. This process is critical for ensuring that incidents are effectively managed and that appropriate action is taken to resolve them.
Use the process template as it is or adjust and extend to your individual needs.
- First level support is typically the first point of contact for IT incidents. This team is responsible for checking the progress of incident troubleshooting and identifying any issues that may need to be escalated.
- They also check for imminent escalation and start activities to prevent it.
- Additionally, they check for the entitlement of escalation, and inform the initiator if the incident is rejected or avoided.
- If escalation is necessary, the incident is escalated according to the escalation procedure.
- In some cases, an incident may be classified as a major incident.The Incident Manager is responsible for defining activities for deescalation, inform initiator of escalation proactively, and implement deescalation activities. If deescalation is performed, the incident manager also informs the initiator proactively.
- In case of a major incident, the IT Operation Team escalates the incident and takes appropriate action.
- The Incident Manager monitors the incident to ensure that deescalation activities are performed, and proactively informs the initiator of the status of the incident.
This business process example is also available in you Flower business process template repository. Or simply download the business process template for free.
Kickstart your Flower BPMN Workflow
How to make Jira Workflow a Business Process Management System (BPM)?
A business process is the strategic view on your value chain, while Jira workflow is at the tactical level. Read more to understand the difference.
Agile Workflow and Process Management (BPM)
The Agile Manifesto explicitly includes processes in its set of methods. But people and interactions are above business processes rather than vice versa
The Ultimate Guide to BPMN
Learn Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), the industry standard to design workflows and business processes, and how it integrates with Jira